Just some random tips and tricks!
1. To keep a cut avocado or guacamole from turning brown, spray the surface with cooking spray. I saw this on Pinterest – and it really works!
2. Clean a cast iron pan with salt and canola oil. 1 to 2 tablespoons of each. Rub it well with a paper towel then rinse with water and dry. This works like a brillo pad while keeping it nice and oiled
3. When making pie crust, freeze cubed butter for 15 minutes before cutting into flour. This will ensure perfect flaky crust.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to evenly portion cookies and meatballs.
5. For a juicier burger, use fatty meat. 80/20 ratio is my go to.
6. To keep the wood nourished, rub your wooden cutting boards and spoons with canola oil.
7. Keep your garbage disposal fresh and clean by grinding up ice cubes and citrus fruit/rinds.
8. Tomatoes, onions, and potatoes should not be stored in the refrigerator.
9. Separate potatoes and onions in your pantry – they will both keep longer.
10. Test your baking soda and baking powder for freshness and effectiveness. Add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to 1/2 cup of hot water. Good powder will bubble rapidly. For baking soda, drip a little vinegar onto 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. If it fizzes, it’s good!