Just a quick Monday night post….
I love a great burger. And I think the best burgers are the ones you make at home. Tonight we had Chipotle Burgers – and man, were they good! A spicy twist on a classic.
For 4 burgers
- 1 1/4 Lb. ground beef (80/20 fat ratio)
- 3 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (half a small can)
- 1/4 tsp. each salt, pepper, cumin
Combine all ingredients, and form into 4 patties. Grill to desired temperature.
- 1/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chives, thinly sliced
- salt, pepper, cumin to taste
Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4 Italian style hamburger buns (I use Arnold brand)
- 4 burgers, cooked
- garlic mayo
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 Oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- onion, thinly sliced
- cilantro leaves (4 – 5 per burger)
Top each burger with 1 oz. of cheese, leave in grill for 1 minute to melt. Toast hamburger buns on the grill, 2 – 3 minutes. Spread garlic mayo onto bottom buns. Top with burger, followed by bacon, onion, then cilantro. Cover with top bun.